2012年12月20日木曜日

Taiwan Trip START

Okay, I know I've been remiss in putting anything on here, and now the backlog is upsetting to think about, but I'm going to attempt to document my trip to Taiwan on here for those who are interested.  I fly out tomorrow, but I'm staying at a hostel fairly near the airport so I can get there easily in the morning.

A few quick facts about Taiwan:

- It's owned by China.
- The language spoken is Chinese (I'm out of luck.  We'll see if I can find some English or Japanese-speakers!)
- The currency is the New Taiwanese Dollar.  USD 1 = NTD 29.05 or JPY 100 = NTD 35.58
- The time is one hour behind Japan and 13 hours ahead of Ohio
- The flight there is about 3.5 hours, but it only takes about 2.5 hours to return, I guess because of the Earth's rotation
- Famous for very cheap, very tasty street food

The heater in this room is doing a wonderful job for the top bunks and people who happen to be standing, but as soon as you get down on one of the lower bunks, you realize there must be an invisible wall keeping the warm air at bay!

My single room-mate of the night (in a 4-girl room, but we're the only two here) is occupying the only two visible outlets in the room, which is pooey.  <_<#  I guess I still have 25% of my battery and don't intend to stay up much longer.  In return, I locked the door.  She should know to have her key with her...

Overall, I'm nervous and excited about the trip.  Mostly nervous.  Lots of Japanese go to Taiwan and totally love it, so I'm hoping for good things.  I'm looking forward to seeing my friend Angela, but we won't be meeting up until Saturday morning.

Wish me luck!  I hope the world doesn't end - I've already bought my ticket.  XD

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿